Thread: So Sad...
View Single Post
jen 10:38 AM 03-10-2011
I was thinking of the abuse factor because of the thread it appeared on. It never really occurred to me that someone might not wash kids hands...but I suppose that there are providers who aren't bright enough to wash kids hands even with a parent there.

I've allowed people to observe, but not for a whole day. Personally, I wouldn't like that. What am I going to do with them during nap? I have zero desire to spend 8 to 10 hours entertaining a parent...and yes, I know, I wouldn't have to, but that is who I am. I would definitely feel like I had an obligation to be host to them, while still doing daycare.

I, as a daycare parent, would be concerned that a stranger spent the day with my child. They would really need a background check before that would even be OK with licensing. If its just me and 8 kids, allowing a complete stranger to spend the day in my house really doesn't seem safe at all. I can see it in a center where there is a bigger staff...

In other words, there is a lot more to it than some fear that I won't be able to contain my kids.