Thread: Time Outs
View Single Post
caregiver 01:41 PM 01-04-2011
I guess I would not want to be a provider in your state then because all of this is just enabling the child to not learn what consequences for bad actions or behavior means.
My own children who are older, in high school now, were brought up in time outs, facing the wall if needed and yes, my husband & I would raise our voices once in awhile, but they listened and learned that all that meant that they would be called on their behavior and would not want to do it again. I'm not saying time outs should be used all the time, but when they will not listen to you and you have to repeat and repeat to them what they doing wrong and they still do it, then you have to do something to make them realize that they better not keep doing it. My kids have turned out really well, time outs did not hurt them or any thing else we did to disipline them. They know that their are consequences for things they do and never have gotten into any trouble with the law or anyone else. They know that they have to be responsible for what ever they do.