View Single Post
Josiegirl 07:37 AM 12-02-2018
But CH, while I agree with you in the traditional sense, many women are the main bread winners now and the man can choose to be at home. There are lots of ways to get out from under the need for daycare. Many of us here have done it. But then if everyone does it, we're out of work. It's all about choices and working together as a family unit towards what's most important in their lives, and setting up priorities. It's when mani/pedi costs, newest cellphones, fancy brand new cars every 2 years, etc., etc., become more important and they still gripe about dc costs...that's when I get a bit aggravated.
I think a lot of couples do so much better with both of them working, not just financially but physically and mentally as well. Plus DC can be a great thing for tons of kiddos!! But it's like everything else, prices rise to keep up with the cost of living. If rates didn't get raised I couldn't afford to work. Thinking back to when my 1st dcf paid me to watch her 2 boys for 40 bucks a week. But back then 40 bucks bought a lot of groceries too!