View Single Post
QualiTcare 08:50 PM 05-07-2010
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I got flowers from one of my moms for mother's day! It's nice to be thought of
that is nice! i was always amazed when i worked in a large center how few parents did anything for teacher appreciation week, christmas, etc. i mean, who is more important than the people that practically raise your kids? yes, i think daycare providers practically raised my kids when they were in daycare cus they were there more than they were at home. that daycare even put up a note saying to stop by the office to pick up a card (a FREE card) to write a note to their child's teacher - and there were still only about a dozen people that did it out of a daycare with 100 kids.

on another note, i sent my daughter to school today with two vases/roses. one for her teacher and one for the assistant. i went to the school to watch the class for 2 hours so the teacher could go eat lunch which was part of teacher appreciation week. she did thank me for coming to keep the class, but never said ONE word about the roses! actually, i expected two words - thank you. it made me wonder - is that why so few parents do anything for teachers? i got the same appreciation as a parent who didn't do anything.

okay, maybe this should be on the venting thread!