View Single Post
Starburst 11:23 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I know there are some women here who have been breastfeeding surrogates for children in their care, but for someone to think that you are legally required to BF their child is outrageous.

Also, what if she had not had a young child. Would I, who has never been pregnant - so clearly hasn't produced milk, be legally required to provide breast milk for this woman's child ? :roll eyes:
At one home daycare I worked at one mom donated some of her milk to another mom (I think she didn't make enough and didn't want formula). All most all the daycare families went to the same church so they so they she knew well and had kids thier first kids close to the same age too; I think their second kids were probably only a few days to a few weeks apart. But I personally would at least have them sign an agreement that the one mom acknowleges that her baby will be drinking milk provided by the other mom because it still is a bodily fluid and can potentaly pass some illnesses such as HIV/AIDs and I don't want to be liable for that (since daycare parents legally do not have to tell providers if them or their children have any illness) but I also don't want to discourage this if it is the what the parent thinks is best for their child and they cannot produce enough milk and have a willing donor.