View Single Post
TwinKristi 04:10 PM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I agree. And honestly, I don't even trust ds's pediatrician all that much. We only go when I know something is really wrong or if I simply need his advice for my own piece of mind. He asks leading questions, too. Actually, now that I think about it every doctor I'VE had has pretty much asked me what I think is wrong and what I'd like to do to fix it.

It makes me wonder if this is simply how doctors run their businesses... a parent shows up, tells them what they just KNOW is wrong, the doctor confirms it (whether it's true or not), parent pays the fees, and that's all she wrote.
See, that's where our Ped is different! He really doesn't just care about the bottom line of money making. He has gone above and beyond to help our family in times of need. We have had serious illnesses with one of my sons and I can tell the difference in his face from "yep he's got a cold/strep/flu" to "let's bring in the pulse-oximeter" or when he asks him to say certain things while listening to his lungs. He knows me well at this point, we've gone to him on and off for 15.5yrs now. I don't just want an Rx and a note to return to work. He knows I want my child to get BETTER!! I have taken in an ex-DCB numerous times because I was concerned about him and mom wasn't. I could always tell when he was sick by his eyes getting red and puffy and he would always run a low grade fever. One time I insisted on him being seen and told her I would take him myself if I needed to and he was SO sick! I could tell immediately our dr was worried. He's called me at home after hours, he asks my mom how we're doing when he sees her, my dh has worked for him in his home as an electrician. I just love the man!! I really despise most drs but he has a special place in my heart. BUT his partner is an idiot!! She is the type to just write a note and say "oh he's ok to go to daycare" when he isn't!! I cannot stand her! I can't tell him that though!! LOL