Thread: Cloth Diapers?
View Single Post
Dilley Beans 04:49 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
I think 2.50 a day sounds pretty reasonable considering the amount of extra work cloth diapers require.

I had a DCG in cloth diapers once and it was awful! The little one got so messy and I always ended up with poo all over my hands. I ended up terming for other reasons but was SO glad to be done with the cloth diapers.

I am a fan of green living though, so I think it is great that you are willing to offer the service but, trust me, you have to make it financially worthwhile for yourself because it is a lot more costly and time consuming for you.

I don't think 12.50$ per week is too much to ask considering the parents won't need to provide their own diapers.
If you were getting poop on your hands, etc. you probably weren't getting them on right. They should go on and come off just like paper nappies. I have CD'd my daughter for 18m and have far less issues with CDs and messes than anyone I know with paper nappies blowing out. That or the type of diaper wasn't a good fit for you. Next time, require them to be all-in-ones or pockets and have the DCPs show you how to properly use them on day 1. Then if you have issues, let her know what your issues are. CDing parents love to share their knowledge about CDing.