View Single Post
mom2many 10:16 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
lol..I forgot to log back out..

Yes I have permission to transport and the parent also signed the handbook stating that if I have to be some where and the parents are not on time to pick up, I will be taking the kids with me.

I do have an obligation, just as my DCP do. I have an obligation to my family first no matter what. AND if a family is not respectful enough to follow my rules then they need to find another place to go.

I did make a few mistakes here and I am learning my lesson. Like someone said I should have closed earlier, (I was trying to be nice and not put anyone out, so I stayed open as late as i could). If I would have allowed for more time then I would have had time to call the emergency contacts on their list, but I didn't.

I bend over backwards for these families every day, even weekends, holidays and other special occasions and if they can't do 1 thing (so far this is the first time I had to close early this year) for me then I don't want people like that here...
Sorry this happened to you. You did NOTHING wrong! I have been in this situation and was almost late to my son's high school graduation, because of an inconsiderate parent. I too learned from my incident and closed at noon when my next child graduated, instead of just an hour early!

Licensing can't do anything if you transported the children in properly installed car seats and had a consent to transport them as well! Hopefully she will come to her senses and not make a call to them. She was indeed the one who messed up and should be apologizing for what she did....