View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:15 AM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
While I agree, let the two parents figure it out, could you imagine if she hit them walking through the driveway???

Texting and driving is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. If I am being honest, I'd term her for being so irresponsible and careless behind the wheel. I would tell her flat out how lucky she is that she didn't hurt someone, but unfortunately it is too close of a call for me, so out you go!
I'm not sure that I'd let her go but I'd definitely get on her case about texting and driving, even in a driveway!! When you're behind the wheel of a car and it's moving anywhere, you need to pay attention. Maybe set up a rule about no cellphone use anywhere on your property? It's such a stupid thing for people to do and has caused more than a death or two. That said, I'd let them haggle out the problem together and not get in the middle. If you want to protect yourself even further maybe write up a statement of what the cause was through no fault of yours, then have them both sign it? Did the police come? If so, can you get a statement signed from them or anything? (I don't know how these things work but can only picture some people trying to pin the blame on someone else ya know?)