View Single Post
PB&J 04:35 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I think it comes down to your ability to manage risks and accept the consequences if the kids do get sick while in your care.

For me, it will be just another day at work if the kids do get sick and have to quarantine here. I will care for them. I have the supplies, empty bedrooms and training I need. If one of them progresses to needing to go to the hospital, DH or I will take them. It is a manageable illness for the majority of the people infected. All of my clients are aware of my shelter in place plan and have signed forms. (We were required to have them 5 years ago.)

IMHO, The deciding factor should be "Am I prepared to self-quarantine for up to three weeks with all of these kids if it came down to it?" It is a given that the majority of us will be exposed or contract this. It is a matter of when at this point.
I follow your posts a lot and really value what you have to say. Tone is hard over posts, so I hope you know this is a genuine quest for information: why would you quarantine in place? Our regulating agency and county health department both advise closing down and will take over informing families to “do” their own self-quarantining.