View Single Post
Former Teacher 06:42 AM 06-13-2009
why is it the posters with the sassiest mouths are the ones that are unregistered? I think we should go to where everyone has to be registered. What about it Michael?

Anyway about breastfeeding. I agree that while breastfeeding is a beautiful thing, I don't agree with it being done at daycare in front of the children. It seems like this parent was trying to be accommodating and the provider didn't want to be.

On the flip side, at my former center, we had a father EVERYDAY spend his lunchtime with his baby. Of course he didn't feed her. He just wanted to hold her. We had to make sure she was either well rested or force her to stay up until after he left because he would come in and purposely wake her up. Funny thing is, he wouldn't play much with her. He just held her. He mainly talked with the staff. Disrupting? VERY since many times the other classrooms would hear him talk, laugh, just be loud. However we could not tell him he couldn't come in at nap time because TX law states that a parent has access to their child at ALL times. I suppose we could have told him to hold his child out on the porch. However, I would think that sounds kinda unprofessional considering he does have access to his child which also means his provider.