Thread: Help
View Single Post
Madison 10:44 AM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Until the state comes up with an option for appeal, is your son actually home all day when daycare is operational?

Does he work or go to school during the day?

At 19, being home during the day doesn't seem like it should be that big of a deal but I don't know his/your situation so just curious.

Also, it seems odd that they are holding his juvenile record against him (you) given that it was so many years ago, he was a juvenile and that he has served his punishment and kept his record clean since then.... Is your state simply super super strict about this or is there more to the story?
Yes Blackcat, there was more to the story. We reported at the time what the alligations were when it happened. They then investigated and then released him to be able to be home during daycare hours. It went to court with no findings and we had to take a lesser charge misdemeanor A&B, and he did 18 months of probation. He still has not finished high school and is taking online courses to finish. The incident did not happen on my premises. He has been on the premises since the incident except for the 1-2 months they investigated. He has a clean record and continues to do so.
He does work but they are odd hours and he is home when he is not working.
I have the release letter from EEC and I have two recommendation letters from his counselor and his probation officer that both state that he is not a threat to my daycare.
Believe me...If I thought he would be a threat to my daycare I would not even be open. The parents all know him and he is a very respectable individual.
My son has been on the premises since the incident and the state has known everything that happened and my license ran up on December 2015. And they are just making this decision now. Just don't know where to turn.