View Single Post
Starburst 11:42 AM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello every one I am a new Family home care provider in MD. I just got my license 4/15/2013.
I have posted ads on Craigslist every other day since and have gotten 2 calls out of the calls 1 interview that did not go well and several scam artist emailing me saying they are from out of town and will be moving to the area and want to send a cashier check of $300 or more to secure their position. Can Some one please tell me what has worked best for you. Do you pay for ads online daycare listing or local news papers like the penny savers. Do you have a sign in your yard or magnet sign on your car. Do you get your client just by word of mouth.
Have you tried care.com? Have you tried putting up posters on local bulletin boards (coffee shops, kids stores/salons, doctors offices {OB/GYN, Pediatrician offices or maternity wards})? Do you have a local Child Care Recourses and Referal office? Do you have a website with pictures and information about you and your daycare? If you do want to get a yard sign or car magnet they have some on vista print. Around Halloween you can make business cards and tape them to pieces of candy.

Here are some other marketing suggestions:
http://www.simplydaycare.com/daycare-marketing.html

Please consider becoming a forum member (it's free). I am the group monitor for 'The Provider's in Training' social group for new family child care providers on this site. We share ideas and help each other out. We also ask questions or for opinions on things we are too shy to ask to the public group.