View Single Post
happymom 12:29 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I read threads all the time about parents wanting to switch providers, request certain teachers in school or change bus routes all because they don't like them. I always cringe because what is that teaching them?
Thank you. That's what I am afraid of. I know there are A LOT of challenges he will face in the future and this is such a minor thing.

Originally Posted by Leigh:
My guess is that this caregiver is a tattler, and that it will probably die down as she gets used to caring for kids. That said-the stopping naps could be causing behavior issues. Most kids need naps through age 6. Missing out on that daytime rest is probably hard for him. Could they have him start resting for an hour, whether he naps or not? It can really help a kid reset their emotions.
They have nap time/quiet time from 12:20-2:20 every day. My son has napped all but about 5 days he's been at this daycare center, up until this new teacher came. Now he is not napping about 50% of days. When his report shows that he hasn't napped, we ask him what he did during nap time and he tells me he sat on his teachers lap.

The teacher is very young and inexperienced and she might just needs some time (or she might not last, there have been a lot of teachers that only last a month or two). The core staff is really great, but it seems like the rest of the staff is just temporary.

I'm looking forward to him being moved to the next level, there is a 3/4yo group (which is he is in) and a 4/5yo group and they are very unclear to me about when the children are moved to the next group since (I believe) it has more to do with ratios than anything else. But the teacher in the 4/5 year old group is sooo sooo good with my son and he loves her a lot. Sorry, off on a tangent.