View Single Post
SquirrellyMama 02:59 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
The thing is, when he takes a morning nap and then an late afternoon nap, he's terrible fussy the entire time he's up. I figured that since his naps were not that long (2 hours in the morning is the most he's ever done, mostly it's 45 minutes), then maybe 1 long one instead of 2 short ones is what he needs. His attitude has changed quite a bit since doing that one nap. Yea, he's fussy for about 30-45 minutes around lunch, but that's it. Seriously, with the 2 short naps I'm pulling my hair out with him. He needs to be constantly held, talked to etc with the 2 naps. I wouldn't care if he was up when the others were sleeping if he was happy, but he cries non-stop when I do that.
Totally get where you are coming from. I was so happy when my son went to one long nap instead of two shorter naps. I think he did that around 1, but it could have been earlier. Not every kid is the same.

Maybe explain to mom that dynamics are different in daycare than at home. The one long nap could be good for your house.

Kelly