View Single Post
Pestle 07:28 PM 02-25-2021
I've had my first dose. I took the day off as a precaution since I've been reading about rough first-dose experiences from friends who were infected before their vaccination, but it turned out to be unnecessary.

I had a barely-symptomatic confirmed case of COVID in late January. I got vaccinated four days ago. My arm went fairly numb and tingly for a couple of hours, so I think they bumped a nerve. 28 hours after vaccination, I developed a very mild fever and chills that went away after another two hours. Beginning at the same time, I also had very very mild discomfort or some kind of inflammation everywhere that lasted for the next several hours--I wasn't really in pain, but I was aware of every dang part of my body.

(Uh, for those with cervices, you know how you never feel your cervix in your day-to-day living, and then you go in for a pap smear and spend the rest of the day like, "Oh hi there that's my cervix I can sure feel it"? It was like that, but for everything, down to the individual bones in my fingers and toes.)

All the symptoms were gone by the following morning.

Nothing ever felt bad, but I could feel that something was not normal. I can see why our daycare kids are cranky after their shots!