Thread: Gender Identity
View Single Post
Cat Herder 12:08 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
I'm not familiar with these type of assessments. My state doesn't do that, so I may be completely off base when I say what I'm about to say. Please correct me if I'm not understanding. Wouldn't it be "met" so long as they are familiar with their own gender, whatever that may be, and recognize that their gender isn't necessarily the same as a peer's gender. For example my newly two year old who has a budding vocabulary, doesn't yet use pronouns, or gender in reference to anyone. I'd say "not met". However my 3 year old declares herself a big girl, and uses pronouns when speaking about others, not just using their name. I'd say "met."
You are thinking the same way I am. The kids are the easy part. It is the parents questioning/debating I am not prepared for anymore. It used to be easy, "Girls, jump up and down. Boys spin, spin around. Now, everyone, shake it out, shake it out."

For the parents who don't want gender pressure, labeling or segregation, that simply does not work, anymore. I am left with figuring out something new. This is new to me, too.

Clearly, the pull-ups idea won't work long term. Luckily, my current parents just found it funny. It won't stay like that in the next 10 years, though. I need a better plan or I may just start skipping the section..