View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:52 AM 07-01-2012
I would definitely pursue it in court if necessary. NOT cool that she didn't properly supervise your child. Did you have to use a sign in/sign out sheet? Does she use a cell phone for her calls or a land line?

If she has only a cell phone and there are sign in/sign out logs used, it would be easy to prove your case since she was on the phone when you arrived. Times on the log and her cell phone or caller ID would show that easily.

I also think that if you pulled your child out of care for a reason as serious as this one, you should NOT have to pay for the final two weeks (or whatever your contract says about notice). When safety concerns or breech of contracts due to serious safety concerns happen, I don't think parents should have to pay.

You can't be expected to use the final two weeks of care and worry about whether you child will get lost or hurt die to lack of supervision so I don't think she should legally be able to collect money for services she isnt providing.

I am very happy that you were able to find alternate care that you are comfortable with.