View Single Post
renodeb 08:49 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
How many infants do you have?

What formula do you use?

Why did you decide to buy it?

How much does it cost you and how many ounces do you get?

I will only take one infant who is bottle fed (unless I get a part timer, then two) so I decided that I would ask the mom about baby's formula and why they use it. They have tried GoodStart and baby just cried constantly when younger. Baby is 4 months now and has been doing great on Similac, Enfamil, or the general closest to the Sensitive for fussiness and gas.

I need to offer some type of formula so I decided to offer Similac to this family (because I'm on the food program). I have a BUNCH of coupons for $5 off any formula that is over $5. I like the Similac powder containers for storing the scoop in the lid. Enfamil was a few dollars more expensive making it more than double the generic brands formula. Since I've got these coupons and baby is currently on Similac that is how I made my decision. Do you think it will make me stand out more as a provider for offering name brand formula?

Also, with the coupons it's actually only 4 cents/ounce when I buy the "Ready to Feed" 32 ounce bottle and it's 10 cents/ounce when I buy the 1.45 lb. container. This is WITH the $5 off coupons. This is the ONLY way the ready to feed formula is cheaper or else it's slightly more expensive. Even more expensive if you buy the smaller multipacks, but that is not necessary for me.

Please answer my questions from above. Also, I'm going to be watching for sales but does anyone recommend certain stores that can get me the best deals when they go on sale? I still think buying one small bottle per purchase with a coupon is my best bet for now.
I use parents choice brand. I have two babies on formula. One is on the AR version, and the other is on the infant premium version. I try and get the value sized cans when they have them. ( they last just a bit longer). The bigger can makes 66 4 oz bottles. The regular sized can just says net wt. 23.3 ozs.
I shop at smiths (kroger's) and once in a while I will get a catalina(a coupon printed out at the register) for 5 dollars off enfamil. I cant rely on that so I just stick to the parents choice brand mostly. It means a trip to walmart but I dont mind it.
Normally I prefer taking just one bottle fed baby but the other baby is pt and almost off the bottle so I dont mind it.
Some have said that Costco/Sams club have the big cans but I havent figured out the cost of any of those yet.
Heres a tip: If you have freecycle in your area sometimes people will post free formula if there child is done with it, or decides on a diffrent brand. Craigs list is an other place to watch. Just make sure it hasnt been opened before.
Debbie
I got tired of having to remember to tell parents that the can ws getting low. Or they would forget to bring more when I did ask. Also they never believed me when I told them how fast the can was going even though I keep track of it.