View Single Post
SilverSabre25 05:03 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
And in a more child-centered approach than the one Nanny uses having materials at the child's level is a very good thing.

Ummm have you seen my TWO playrooms? The children have THOUSANDS of dollars worth of toys available at their level. What could you mean by this?

And, I'm such a heathen that I allow climbing in my daycare room. And that is awesome. Who would think you were a heathen? What do you mean by that? If climbing indoors works for you then of course you should offer that.
Perhaps I misunderstood your post, and if so, I'm sorry. From your comments above on the subject of shelves, it sounds as though you do not allow children access to toys on their own, rather they have to ask for everything that they want. I was merely commenting that although that approach works for you, it would not fly in a child-centered environment. If I misunderstood, again, my apologies.

The climbing comment was not intentionally directed at you; allowing climbing in the house is something that's been "frowned upon" so-to-speak by many in this community in many other contexts/threads, and so it just happened to slip out.