View Single Post
BABYLUVER21 12:04 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I don't understand. Are you arguing that if someone wants to do illegal daycare that we should mind our own business and let it go?

How about if they want to drive illegally? Lets say they have DWI's up the wazoo or just never took the test?

Decide to open a restaurant from their home next door, without benefit of inspections, licenses, or training of any kind (hey...mom was a great cook).

Decide to cut hair, give perms, or offer tanning services without a license or oversight?

A liquor store or bar?

Want to sell pot or cocaine just down the block?

Where would you draw the line?

Funny thing is, I think some regulations or laws are just plain over-the-top. But does it mean I should only follow the ones I like, because breaking them "isn't hurting anyone".

It DOES hurt someone...those people who made the commitment and took the time to "jump through all the hoops".

If you don't like a law, you can lobby your congress person. But, breaking the law in the meantime is still not okay.
You know what's funny about all that? It is happening EVERY DAY! All of those things you listed, people are doing.

On one hand, it sucks that we have to be regulated for every little thing and that some people may do these things for family and friends and be successful without all the red tape.

On the OTHER hand, people doing it for strangers getting paid without being taxed, without having to pay for permits, without having to be held accountable for anything doing it, taking potential income from others who ARE following all the laws.

AND as consumers, we have limited rights if something goes wrong with someone who is unlicensed/unregulated.