View Single Post
LysesKids 07:47 AM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by RIWorkingMom:
I directly asked the daycare if she was asking me if I needed to start looking for another daycare. She said no. I cannot afford any other type of daycare. I am above the poverty line, but barely. I have to pay full price and when a home daycare is half my paycheck, and the type of daycare you are talking about is 90% of my paycheck I have no choice. If I have to start looking for another daycare, it is going to have to be the same type of daycare. They are cheaper.

Also, the hitting is not a balled up fist type of hit, but more of a waving the hands as if to say get away. When she is in the middle of a tantrum, she doesn't want to be touched. I don't know how to describe it. The doctor recommended that the daycare put her in the port-a-crib until she calms down. (which is not against the law) She does calm down after a few minutes. She asked for the doctors report, which I thought was weird. It feels like she doesn't believe me. The doctor said this is a phase, and she said with the correct response, will go away, but if she has to go through constant big changes, she is going to be traumatized. I don't want to do that to my daughter. She loves the daycare provider. This is jealousy and nothing more. It started on day one. Every time the provider picked up the baby, my DD started crying. That lasted for a week. Then she went through a sleep regression, and we worked together to correct that. It lasted two weeks. This has only been going on for two weeks. When she tells me it is not normal, she says she has never seen a child throw a tantrum ever, and that no one else she knows that has kids or has a daycare has ever seen a kid throw a tantrum. That is hard to believe because I have seen plenty of kids throw tantrums in public. Also, my daughter threw a tantrum at the doctor's office when the woman she associates with shots tried to put her on the scale. They said they have seen this so many times before. I am getting frustrated that the daycare is viewing this as so abnormal and telling basically saying my kid needs therapy. When I tried to find a therapist, I am told that this is completely normal for this situation and that she will adjust. I just need the daycare to work with me. It breaks my heart that someone that has been so close to my daughter would be willing to throw her away. What type of complex will that give children. 14 months of perfect behavior thrown away because she is jealous?
Something you have to understand is our childcare homes are also small businesses; we offer a service & have to work things in a way that is best for the group... to put so much effort into one child takes away the care from others that are also paying clients & it's not conducive to the atmosphere most providers try to keep. Sometimes change is needed.