View Single Post
RIWorkingMom 05:25 AM 04-12-2017
Thank you to the last few to reply. I can understand if the provider is not suited to take care of toddlers. The craziest part was yesterday afternoon when I picked her up we spoke about the topic again. She told me that they had a good day. She gave my dd an ultimatum she could understand. She gave them a time check before they came in (which the doctor recommended). Right before they went in for snack, she said if you cry (which is the majority of my daughter's tantrum.... laying down and crying) then we will not go back out to play. My daughter went in and did not throw a tantrum (miracles can happen!). She did whine for the entirety of the morning nap (she still has them on two naps a day). Other than that she did not have an episode for the rest of the day. Mind you, she only takes one nap a day at home. Maybe the first nap feels like a punishment. She is not tired. She just woke up. Maybe the time out is just not a good fit for her. Maybe ultimatums are something she can understand better.

I did speak to the provider and told her that I understand that she is having a tough time with my daughter, and that maybe she is ready for a pre-k type of environment. The provider started to tear up. She doesn't want to see my daughter go, and she has seen a lot of progress. (Remember that these "tantrums" started about two weeks ago) This is what is driving me crazy! I hear for 2 weeks how my daughter's behavior isn't normal and it feels like an attack. There is a huge change in her environment and she is having a tough time adapting. This is normal. There was a trigger, she reacted. There was modification in her discipline and routine, and she reacted well to it. The fact that some of you are so quick to blame the child breaks my heart. I know there are some tough kids out there, but there are also some kids who have a tough time with change. I am still looking into a pre-k environment. My dd is smart. She knows her abcs, colors, shapes and counts to 10. She also sings countless other songs, and is great with completing puzzles beyond her age bracket. I want to keep her in an environment where she can flourish.

So again, thank you. Maybe the dc is great with babies, but not ready for toddlers. However, there are better ways to talk to parents than saying your kid is not normal.