View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would say no more than a few minutes. Also I tend to say things like "Ok peanut, Ill be with you just as soon as Justice is burped. I promise I am comming." then talk to the child as I finish with the one Im tending. The only child I dont do this with is the one who wakes up and cries and if let be self soothes back to sleep.
respectful responsive reciprocal care.

It's very important in the care of infants.

@Josie ~ You'd be surprised at how many care givers know better but do not do better.

I recently mentored a new provider in my area (she was a previous daycare baby of mine) and she spent some time working as an assistant/sub for another area provider over this last winter.

This older provider (4 star QRIS/many years of experience) outright told her that you can do X but if you see the anyone come into the driveway then just wake the baby immediately and hold them. That way no one will ever know.

She was referring to babies sleeping in swings, with blankets, on the sofa etc....

So yes it does still happen. NOT because people don't know better but more than likely because they think it will never happen to them.