View Single Post
TwinMama 11:33 AM 08-21-2019
So I know that at age 5 or so kids are curious about their bodies, but I have a dcb that is CONSTANTLY touching himself. Like...I'm not kidding you...he was laying on the floor playing and talking with the baby a little while ago and he just kept doing it. We're having quiet time and he has a special blanket he puts over his lap so he can do it even when I tell him that it's not an appropriate time.

I keep saying that we don't do that in front of our friends or while we're at play time with friends. It's not polite behavior.

This same boy has a lot of impulse issues and I think he personally needs special help.

I can talk to his parents every day all day, but it doesn't help.

He also has issues with annoying other kids and being in their personal space and when they tell him to stop he doesn't. He thinks it's funny. So they walk away from him and don't want to play with him.

My daughter who is 5yo said today "Mom, he doesn't get it. He doesn't control his crazy behavior. I think we shouldn't invite him back to daycare."

The worst part is that I signed up to be a coach for soccer so they signed dcb up last week.

I was going to wait until January to tell Mom and Dad that his baby brother can stay, but they need to find care for him next Summer, but I'm thinking about terming him earlier.

Any ideas/suggestions?