Thread: Huge Vent
View Single Post
marniewon 07:35 AM 10-26-2010
Wow - so many things wrong with that scenario!!! I don't think i would have called mom in the first place. If dcg was that upset, I would assume she was ill or tired, and put her to bed. With crying kids at drop-off I will let the parents try to soothe them for a minute or two, then reach out and actually take the child out of mom/dad's arms, saying something like, okay susie, mom needs to get to work, and your friends are waiting to play with you! Say good bye! And then start moving toward the playroom. I would have been livid about dcm going into your fridge!! Wow, what nerve! Totally disrespecting your home, you, your daycare rules! I think in that situation, where dcg/mom insisted on juice, eggs, etc, I would have said breakfast is over, I don't serve juice here. If you think dcg needs juice and eggs then maybe you should take her home and make them for her. Otherwise, we will be having lunch at 11:30.

I like the ideas of pp's of writing letters reminding mom of your rules and schedule and asking to keep visitation/drop-offs VERY short!

I had a little guy who used to cry at drop-off. It really bothered mom, but she would still say goodbye and walk out the door. She knew that she could call/text me to see how he was doing. Most of the time I would text her a pic of him having fun playing - she would usually get it before she even got to work, so she had proof that he was just fine after she left.