View Single Post
happymom 10:12 AM 08-11-2015
Would anyone know if it is a state mandated guideline that the older and younger children can not be on the playground together? I am in the greater Salt Lake City of Utah.

Honestly I don't see much of a problem with him playing with bigger kids (he came from a home daycare where he was with kids ages 3mo-5years but there were only 4-8 kids at a time). BUT if it is a rule, it is clearly being broken and it wasn't a one time thing. It concerns me because then where is the line drawn? Is it really going to stop now that my son has been injured? I have witnessed adults tell bigger kids not to pick up my son before, I know they are expected not to lift him -- I'm not sure if the same attention is given to the situation when I am not on the playground picking him up.

Do I just bring the medical bill to the daycare and give it to them?

Is reporting to the state licensing agency something that I need to do or something that the daycare is responsible for?

I will get their playground policies in writing so that if I see the two groups on the playground together at the same time again I can address it right then and there.