View Single Post
e.j. 02:50 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
I spoke with the director this morning. She was there last night but gone by the time we finished getting medical attention.
I know you said you found out it was the lead teacher vs. the director who was there that night but I'm still shaking my head that this person in charge would leave before your son was finished getting medical attention.

Originally Posted by happymom:
Update: I learned from a staff member that the child involved in the accident has autism. ... The staff member told me after it happened and my boy was on the ground being attended to the older child ran away and his behind a door inside the building. It is breaking my heart that it happened.

My stress level is just through the roof right now and my husband wants to call a lawyer if we don't get a phone call from the director today. It has been two days, I am feeling shocked.
It seems as though everyone but the person who should be speaking with you is speaking with you. It's crazy to me that the director would not have been on the phone to you shortly after the incident happened. At the very latest, she should have been on the phone to you the very first thing next morning assuming she may not have been notified right away. To wait 2 days or more before contacting you...? That's just unacceptable to me.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Personally, I would call the child care and insist on speaking with the director as you have waited more than long enough...
I'm stunned at the lack of communication/response you've received from this day care director. If you still haven't heard from her, I think my next step would be to agree with your husband and contact a lawyer. If nothing else, it should get the director's attention. I think I'd be looking for a new day care as well.