View Single Post
Unregistered 09:51 AM 04-24-2015
I know this is a very old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had any success with implementing Montessori principles into their home daycare.

I am currently working as a public school teacher in NC. I would like to open up an in home daycare in the 2016-2017 school year and use a Montessori approach. I am not looking to get Montessori certified. I already hold both NY (prek-6) and NC (k-5) teaching licenses as well as a master's degree and a National Board Certification in Literacy. I may pick up the birth - k add on for my NC license because it's only a matter of taking a test. But I would love to implement a lot of the Montessori principles. I like what Echomom said about being a "Montessori inspired home daycare." Ideally, I would like to offer affordable Montessori inspired daycare for teachers. But being that I'll probably be paying my grad. school loan for the rest of my life I can't afford to be paying for another full certification in anything.

I've been looking for a workshop or a highly recommended and practical book but I can't find anything.