View Single Post
BumbleBee 02:09 PM 12-23-2015
As far as the food goes I too serve at designated times and once the meal or snack time has passed the child has to wait until the next designated meal or snack.

I have a child who is regularly dropped off after my breakfast cut off and he waits until snack every day. If he's dropped off after the snack cut off he waits until lunch. All of my daycare parents know this as it's in the handbook.

As far as just giving your son a few crackers, if you give 1 child something it generally doesn't go well because all of the other children want something too. If we feed kids based on their schedule we'd do nothing but serve food all day.

Your child is in group care, as such the daycare does what is best for the group and has most likely developed a schedule that works for the group. I know that's how I run my in home daycare.

The daycare provides a service and you have the opportunity to use that service for a fee. You are not their boss. If you feel that you pay too much for daycare you can always look for somewhere that is cheaper.