View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 10-21-2012
It is NOT rude to bring children to the door for parents. I TOTALLY understant why providers need to do it.

I can also understand why parents like to see their child interact and playing too.

HOWEVER, with that being said, pick up and drop off times can be really hard on everyone because the child sees an opportunity to run wild as he "tests" his boundaries and checks to see which adult is in charge. I have had my fair share of crazy, off the wall behavior from kids too all the while, the parent simply stood there like it was no big deal...

If I were in your shoes, I woud write a quick letter to parents explaining the issues you have been having, why you have been bringing a child to the door and whay your ultimate goal is for pick up and drop off times. I think taking the time to explain it from your perspective (which is often hard for parents to see/understand) might help a lot.

If you need help writing a letter, let me know. I will be glad to help you out. Just drop me a PM and I will get an example letter to you.