View Single Post
CheekyChick 03:50 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
You know what I think is really weird...that people get SO worked up about what someone else does or doesn't do with their daycare kids. I gotta say, I could care LESS that some of you have WP, just like I could care LESS than Nan does not. I care about what I do, I care about what MY daycare parents want. I care if the kids in MY care are happy.

Now, I happen to do water play. I DO NOT do princess stuff...I did not have a tea party when the royal wedding took place, I don't take my kids on hikes, I don't give my parents a discount if they have an early pick up time. Nan does those things because they work for HER. Agh...people...seriously, get over yourselves. It is nice that you do things with your dck, but because someone else doesn't do the SAME things, doesn't make you a better provider. I don't serve chicken nuggets or french fries. I wouldn't take me child to a provider that did. It doesnt' mean that someone who feeds that stuff is a bad provider, it means that she or he is not the provider for me.

K...I'm done now.
I don't feel that Nan's lack of water play was the sole issue that rubbed posters wrong. It was her attitude of, "BTDT, "Don't want to," and "Over it" that rubbed (at least) me VERY wrong. I also can't imagine her DP's being happy that their children are clipping coupons, weeding, and cleaning, in lieu of playing in the sprinklers on a nice summer day. I do agree that we can pick and choose what services we provide, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the children's happiness.