View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 06:21 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'd invest in one of those locks that come with security codes you can give parents. I think you can make it so the code only works during certain hours/days.

I'd also think about some type of alarm that signals you when someone crosses a certain area while coming up your sidewalk toward your door.

I have a gated yard so the parents must walk through a gate in the fence to walk up the sidewalk to the door. I have a driveway alarm that buzzes inside when someone crosses through the gate.

I know when someone is here before they get to the steps.
I have security cameras and I usually have it on my phone so I can watch to see when someone pulls, in but i was busy changing a baby when he came in the one time. The thing is, why is it so bad for him to wait 10 seconds for me to open the door? It does not take me more than that to get to the door. I'm afraid even with a code door, he may open it quickly with a child in front of it. Sometimes I"ve had kids there getting outside stuff on and I've had a parent start to open the door and I've had to yell wait wait!! Especially when he's the first one here alot of days, what if I'm running behind and indesposed hahaha