View Single Post
e.j. 11:25 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Still open? Closed? Parents working with you, against you? How is your family doing? Kids settling in?

Got any new recipes? Starting a garden? Whats new with you?
I've been closed as of March 23 per order of the governor. Up until then, I was open but only had 1 part time and 1 full time child coming. All of my other dc parents work as teachers or for local and state government. They're all working from home and keeping their kids with them. My dc parents have been wonderful! All were great about paying me while I was still open, even when their kids weren't coming. Two have continued to offer full tuition payments even though I'm closed and can't take kids. I haven't taken them up on it but it means so much that they've offered! All have stayed in touch, letting me know how they and their kids are doing. As far as I know, everyone is coming back once this is all over. I have one dc mom who is pregnant and due at the end of spring. I'm crossing my fingers for her and hoping all goes well.

My own family is doing well. I'm out of work but the company my husband is now working for considers itself to be "essential" so fortunately/unfortunately, he's still working. My son is working, as well. They at least have their incomes but I'm worried about both of them. They've both had people who have shown up at work sick so it's scary to think that their own health could be put at risk because of thoughtless coworkers. My dd is high risk because she gets frequent lung infections. She was recently treated for another one but is doing better now. She's trying to get a doctor's note advising her to stay out of work for the time being but she's having trouble getting a call back. Her boss told her to stay home last week and again for this week. Hopefully, she can get a note for at least another week or two. I'm relieved she's home for now.

I've tried a couple of new recipes - Poor Man's Stew (a different one from the one I have already tried) and Kielbasa and pineapple with bbq sauce - both crockpot recipes. They were good! We're keeping it fairly simple for meals right now. Don't want to have a new recipe bomb on me and have to go out shopping again! I'm trying to stay away from stores as much as possible now since they're predicting a "Coronavirus surge" for the next couple of weeks or so here.

My husband bought seeds for the garden which we'll have to start soon but we're in New England so it's too early to plant in the ground right now. Looking forward to having fresh-picked veggies through the summer. Can't wait!

I hope everyone stays well. This, too, shall pass!