View Single Post
nannyde 11:47 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
If you had less than 2 weeks left doing daycare, and parents were all paid up until the last day, and you had a dcb who did not listen, hits, pushes, steals toys, etc etc (basically a child you would normally term because of behavior),how would you handle the last 2 weeks left?

Say this dcb punched another (older) dck - would you term immediately? Keep him here but isolated the rest of the two weeks?
Time out and back to playing?
Something else?

I'm on the fence....I know what I want to do, but not sure it's the right thing to do. So wwyd?

BTW, dcb is almost 2 1/2 and has been like this since he started 2 months ago. We were working on it and it was getting better, but has gotten worse in the last few weeks.
This is the way I see this. Why in the world would a parent want a child to be in a home where he is so out of control and unhappy that he punches, hits, and pushes other kids? Why would they want him to be with an adult he clearly doesn't respect?

He should be somewhere where he is HAPPY and where he is around adults he respects.

I wouldn't keep a kid like that. I couldn't deal with that level of unhappiness and neither could my helper and my other kids. We want to be around CALM, NICE and RESPECTFUL people.