View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
It is.. but, nobody thinks this OP is for real. If she'd asked this same question without the "ignorant hippie", and the "can I report her and have her shut down?" remarks, we would have believed him or her. But, since "ignorant hippie" was used, we have every right to make snide remarks. You give up any chance at respect when you make a post like that. ( the "*I* pay HER" comment was a nice touch too)

The OP worded everything in such a way to create an ugly debate, and be attacked.

No matter where she went to ask that question, with the way it was worded, the whole post had no chance to be taken seriously. It's called "trolling".

There are also people who will say "I just tried the new Downey fabric softener.. it's wonderful". Then they add a link, so it looks like a nice post, but it's actually spam.
For me personally, it was the "She then proceeds to tell me, a PhD,..." remark that got me going. No amount of letters after a name gives anyone the right to treat another human being as though their opinions or feelings do not count or are not as valid. The rest was just further proof of where the real ignorance lies.