View Single Post
KiwiKids 06:26 AM 07-10-2017
Two were not sleep ready for me but mom and dad worked with me immediately and we got things working as well as we could with their part time schedule. Their work days required a 5am wake up so it was an uphill battle even with us all working together. Both kiddos were siblings who started with me at 6 weeks. And by 4 months old we had a good routine.

Another was a co-sleeper. I did get the baby napping successfully by 5.5 months, but after a summer off at home the child lost all ability to sleep without an adult close by. Kiddo switched to half days and we made it through the school year and then the mom switched to working at home. I will never again put myself in this situation. I loved the family and the child but we were incompatible in too many ways.

Most recent baby came to me totally trained for safe sleep and it was so nice! She's thrived in care from day one and is well rested every day.

I do feel comfortable discussing safe sleep practices. My husband as a first responder many years ago did CPR on an 11 week old who was found unresponsive in an unsafe sleep situation. He's a homicide detective now and investigates too many baby deaths from unsafe sleep practices. I will not budge on safe sleep guidelines and am very clear in my interviews.

I have not documented it in the past but that's not a bad idea. Maybe a safe sleep guidelines form to sign when baby starts care? I like that idea.