Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Hunni Bee 05:43 PM 02-15-2012
So there's a tummy bug going around, apparently. Yesterday, one of 4 year olds who's in pre-k had a poop accident in his underwear. He still does this on occasion, but when I peeked at it, it was diarrhea. He also has no extra clothes and I've sent all my extra clothes for boys home on him, only to see him wearing them later like they are his own clothing.

He proceeds to tell me he threw up twice the day before at home and had diarrhea.

So I only have a girl's pullup and girl's pants to put on him. I call Mom's cell, no answer. Dad's cell, no answer. Mom's job, its a coporate number and I don't kow her extension. He didn't seem to feel bad, and had an appetite, so I gave it up. I sent home a paper saying if any child had vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours, they need to stay home. I filled out a sick sheet for him, saying he needed to stay out til Thursday and he MUST bring a set of extra clothes.

Fast forward to this afternoon. Mom calls me upteen times from her work number (oh now it works!) but I didn't hear it, I was doing lunch. And of course I can't call her back. At 2:25 the van driver informs me that she was instructed to pick up dcb as usual by the Director. The mom, after not reaching me, called the director with some sob story about not being able to pick him up from school and could he please come, despite having had diarrhea on himself the day before. And my Director allowed it.

Just another foot in my behind pushing me out the door. She acts like she trusts our judgement to do the right things for the best interest of the children, but overrides us at the drop of a hat to please a pissy parent. Ugh.