View Single Post
Annalee 04:46 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Everybody with small children should be required to install some kind of alerting device. There are items on the market aren't there? This type of thing is definitely a crime but not of an intentional criminal act, KWIM? So sad about the suffering of little children. Parents that make this fatal mistake, should be required to become speakers in the hopes of preventing it from happening to others. In the majority of these cases, I truly don't think jail is the answer.
I agree that jail may not be the answer but who forgets their kids, not for a minute, but for an entire day. Why should their be a device made for "someone not to forget their kid". Listen to how that sounds! I know we get busy, but something is wrong with "parenting" these days. Some of the kids we get in child care these days wander around in a spacey fog. It makes me wonder how they are alive within their home setting. The parents are the same way. Everyone lays around and the kids wander around. When we have sunday lunches, my cousins kids are EVERYWHERE with no parent in sight. The parents just let them do whatever and we have 6 acres. My house is about 100 yards from my mom where we have lunch. DH went home early to find one of the kids crying behind our house because they were lost I just don't get it! Just a rant this morning