Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
284878 06:20 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Nope. I tell parents that leggings are not pants and hoodies are not coats and neither will meet daycare requirements for appropriate dress. Leggings can be worn under dresses and in warm weather. Hoodies can be worn over a t-shirt in fall/winter, but a jacket (fall) or coat (winter) must be brought as well.

I also require socks and shoes (only exception is washable closed toe sandals), closed toe shoes and shorts/leggings under dresses.

It makes it easier for their kindergarten teacher if parents have already become well practiced at appropriate clothing for school/weather. I am still floored that some of this needs to be taught to adults.
My dd never wore leggings as pants. but I see a lot of infant outfits that come with leggings and parents want to dress their little girls in matching cute outfits, which I don't blame them for wanting to play dress up with their child but I was able to wear cute outfits on my dd without leggings or any skin tight pants or pink daily so I know it is possible.

I did laugh one day dcg came in white leggings and went home in brown spotted leggings. DCD says I guess I was not thinking when I choose those today.

Hoodies on the other hand can you elaborate more on why you do not feel that they are a coat?