View Single Post
daycare 05:41 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by DanielleS:
We can have 4:1 under 12 months (only if there are no others, of course. The ratios change with different ages), so with my own impending child, I can take 3. I can fully replace my income from preschool teaching with 1.8, so I'm going to take 2 and try to leave a spot for PT or drop-in.

I didn't want to have mixed ages competing for attention with infants. I worked a while in the infant room at my preschool and LOVED it. It can be really crazy, but it can also be sooooo nice. We had a really great infant teacher that was amazing and getting them into routines. She's offered me lots of baby-whispering help.

Yes, I have in my contract that I will keep kids past their 1st birthday if they have a confirmed spot in another place. I refer to the preschool that I was working at, since they are AMAZING! In return, they are giving people who they have to turn away (no more infant space) my brochure/cards and their endorsement. When all the kids age out, then I'll decide whether to a) take on older kids b) go back to working preschool or c) take more infants and possibly send my kid to my preschool PT. We'll see!

I'm not my best with kids when they are about 1ish until they're 3...Shhhhhhh!

URGH! So, the brochure is just a vistaprint template. I don't have the design chops or resources to do much more. I can probably add a picture (maybe over the belly sleeping kid...good eye! I didn't notice that.), but that means I'll have to wait to print them until my whole room is set up and I've taken pictures. With shipping and all, they are already like 3 weeks out. If I have to wait until I can take pictures of my area, it could be even longer. I was really hoping to get things set up and get interviewing sooner...
Do you guys think it would just be a bonus, or a deal breaker??

Also, I already edited and added the FT/PT definitions. Thanks for the input!!!
where did you get the pictures from Vista? I would just look and see what other pics that they had of babies. I think it looks great. I did one myself using publisher. I used clip art. I then had them printed same day at a local print company. They look really nice.

IT really sounds like you are all set and ready to go. You seem to have done a lot of leg work to get where you are at and your plan to work with your past employer sounds awesome. I hope that all of this works out for you.....