View Single Post
Cat Herder 05:40 AM 08-21-2013
My State is a direct supervision state (sight and/or reasonable sound). This can be open to interpretation to each inspector. Always go for more, less WILL backfire, badly.

Naptime is supervised. Yes, I watch them sleep. All in one room, everyday. The playroom has permanent half-walls that divide Infant areas from Toddler areas. I do not keep school aged kids.

I cook in advance (up at 5am, open at 8am) and keep warm to minimize time in the kitchen during daycare hours. Drinks are ready (3 per child for milk, water, juice) in color coded cups in the playroom fridge. Bottles the same. The kitchen must be within view of the playroom or I'd have to bring them with me to plate food.

I am allowed potty breaks (mine and theirs) with "reasonable accommodation". Infants in cribs, toddlers behind locked gates in an approved child proofed room. Power Pee is the name of the game.

Playground must be fenced, no child allowed outside of the approved play ground area during daycare hours... mine included. Direct supervision is a huge deal outdoors.