View Single Post
Leigh 05:17 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
You've just summed up children.

The "victim's" father was extremely upset about the biting. I only see dad once or twice a week. I was telling him about how it was happening (that his son initiated the bite at least 3/4 of the time), and I could see that Dad was NOT buying my story at all. At the very moment that we were discussing it, his son walked over to Jaws (in her pack and play) and put his arm out and told her "bite?". Dad flipped out! "DON'T DO THAT! WHYYYYY WOULD YOU ASK HER TO BITE YOU! BITING HURTS! NOOOOOO!".

Dad was much more understanding after that. I gave it a few more weeks, but I just couldn't stop the biting-they were BOTH so sneaky about it. She did have issues with aggressive biting, as well, and she was having serious temper issues (all the kids in her family have a diagnosis of "emotional disturbance") and nothing could calm her from a tantrum but time.

The weirdest thing was that these 2 kids were in love with each other. They spent all their daycare time with one another, and though they were both 2, they told their parents that they were each others' boyfriend/girlfriend. I guess their love was a volatile one!