View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:24 AM 10-11-2018
She's a friend outside of dc? Doesn't sound like much of a friend. It sounds like she's using you and wants things her way only. TBH, I wouldn't tolerate it. Stay with what you told her about the summer spot and hopefully she'll decide to go with the other dc down the street for 2 bucks less a day.
If you can't take it for another 8 months, I'd confront her with the issues you're having, even write a list, and tell her these are the things you need(and EXPECT) from her, if she can't comply then you can give her a 2 week notice. Make sure you tell her any disrespect, etc., during those 2 weeks is cause for immediate termination.
Are you afraid of losing this 'friend'? You know what they say 'with a friend like that, who needs enemies?' Truthfully, looking at your situation from the outside, you need to get your backbone out and treat her as a client. She'll only keep walking all over you if you continue to allow it. You can be nice, but firm. And don't back down but be strong in your own business. You can do this, for the sake of your own business and your self respect!!!

Another option is to rip that bandaid off and just come out and tell her 'this business relationship is no longer working out.' Then hand her a written termination telling her when dcb's last day of care is. And as providers here say, just keep saying it over and over to her, without any elaboration. Do NOT give her any wiggle room to change your mind. Honestly, I think I'd go with that option. Eight months is an awfully long time to be miserable.