Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:53 AM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by KDC:
I have a DCF that has always been pretty nice, but recently they've been pushing the limits with maximum time (7am to 5:30pm, M-F). They asked to come early twice last week & also asked for late nights twice last week. They've also been pushing me with sicknesses (Not excluding child for sickness, green free flowing boogers, coughing, low energy. I would send him home, only to have him return first thing next morning... often in worse shape. She said she took him to urgent care, and he was diagnosed with an ear infection and bronchitis (but the lungs are clear?) - I asked for a Dr.s note and I got one. Apparently, it was a virus that started it --The whole daycare and my whole family got sick.

So this past weekend I was supposed to visit my sick Aunt, but couldn't because of the sickness going around, I didn't want to expose her to any germs. Well, Monday morning I got the news that she had passed. I am so very sad, as we were close.

I sent an e-mail immediately stating I would need kiddos picked up by 4 on Thursday for the wake and Friday I would be closed to attend the funeral. DCM: "What am I supposed to do?" ME: This is a family daycare, unfortunately you will have to find a back-up. This is mentioned in the contract, and there is a phone number I gave for emergency back-ups. DCM" Humph"... stomp off huffy. (BTW, because I need the day off, it is unpaid)

Really? I lost someone very close to me, you're going on your second week long family vacation in 6 months in early May... maybe you should have saved some days for an EMERGENCY? I didn't even get to say goodbye because you kept sending your sick kid to my house. The correct response is: "I'm so sorry for your loss"... Jerk.
(((hugs))) so sorry for your loss.

I am also sorry that your DCM is so uncaring. NOT your problem for her to find back up. I would say something to her, atleast comment to her about her uncaring attitude. I mean you can't necessarily change her, but I would definitley call her out on her disrespect. If anything just to make yourself feel better.