View Single Post
LysesKids 02:15 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I agree licensing can be annoying and petty. Some things i needed to correct before getting my license I was like really? Lol. Some of the rules are ridiculous. My mom did in home daycare and was harrassed by her worker for years. She wrote my mom up for not opening the door for her, but then when she did she got written up again for opening the door which caused her to be away from the children. Stuff like that. License workers also interpret the rule the way they want to.
With that being said though, i would not do daycare unlicensed. Parents look for the word licensed and brings you more business. And the fear of getting caught lol.
Here in TN being licensed will not allow me more children because I do infants only... that said, I still update my CPR/First Aid training when needed and take what relevant classes I can online so I can keep up to date - I have been fully licensed in 4 states, and I still act as a licensed home even though I am legally license exempt now. My parents appreciate that I have contracts and written policies and that I go above and beyond what many others here don't do