View Single Post
PitterPatter 09:47 AM 07-28-2012
This is what I mean when I say entitlement syndrome. People who abuse the system because they think they are owed and God forbid they not get thier charity on time or thay are reporting peopl including the case workers. The clients I just let go are the same using the system for life instead of a leg up. My clients bragged about all they could get for free even used the free handouts as excuses for not having supplies.
"The kids dont have diapers today because the _(charity organization)___ didn't drop them off this week like they are supposed to". "The kids wont be there today because the damn welfare didnt put the money on my gas card yet so I have to call off work because I don't have gas in the car" (welfare -dhhs gives them a card they reload every month for gasoline!) When the kids were wearing capris in winter I told her they needed long pants her excuse "I have to take what _(charity organization)___ donates to me and that's what they gave me this month". When I complained about the kids shoes being so small toes were sticking out and the sole was peeling off she said "well I only get 2nd hand from goodwill and they dont have any in their size right now" I got fed up last yr with all the 2nd hand things that dont fit or had holes I went and bought them outfits and shoes. Kids dont have to have the best but it is nice for them to have something decent!
They still owe 2 months copay the subsidy doesnt pay but they can't afford it yet they have been seen at McDonalds eating. They have Marboro cigarettes and snuff. They brag about selling food stamps because they don't use them all becaue they "hit 6 churches every month for food donations".... The Govt helps them TOO much yet when my family member who held her job for 10 years got laid off and needed help last month she made $17.00 too much!?!

Oh and lets not forget because she was on a special working program she (and all others in that program) was given vouchers to use to get NEW furniture from ANY furniture store! She bought a living room suit and the kids have cracked beds the Dad got out of a dumpster!

Sorry this turned into a vent, this subject just hits a nerve with me.