View Single Post
DaisyMamma 03:47 AM 08-14-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
If you have the cancelled check, they can absolutely trace it. In addition, whoever wrote the check can contact them to see where it was deposited to.

My (former) bank ALWAYS made errors.

Once I had a dcp's check bounce, and I told the dcp and they said no way! Showed me their bank balance (NO WAY IN HELL, EVER). They contacted their bank...long story short, my bank never even deposited the check. It was a big fiasco. The check was "lost" even though my account showed the deposit, and then clearly showed the return for insufficient funds.

What account it went into (oh your 7 looks like a 1....no I write my 7's with a slash through them, and I write BIG!)

TWICE with cash and TWICE with the same teller. The first time she told me I wrote $400 cash back and I wrote $500 cash back. BUT the extra $100 wasn't going into any account... it was just unaccounted for. It took me explaining to the manager. SEE? receipt shows dep of 900ish but I had checks for 1000ish, cash back was written for 500 but she gave me 400.

The last straw was when I handed her $1,000 cash to dep and checks and she said it was $900 but she already put it in the drawer so I couldn't count it out for her. I stood there for almost half an hour while the manager balanced that teller's drawer and made it right (and I WAS right).
I hope you complained and got that girl fired.
You made me realize, my acct ends in 71. I will start slashing my 7s as well.