View Single Post
gkids09 07:39 PM 06-01-2010
I don't buy a curriculum, but I do make my own. I have a theme for each week, but during the summer we base most of our learning on outdoor play. This summer, I plan to do "Ooey Gooey Fun" activities with the kids, and have requested that they bring an extra set of clothes to keep at the daycare throughout the summer to get dirty in. I am so excited about this because it's the first time I have done it. These kids love getting dirty, so I know they will love it. This is the last week of school for the older kids, so starting next week I will have a couple school age all day too. We are required to do some sort of art every single day, so I will keep that going, but will cut back on my circle time to only once or twice per week. Reason for that is the best time to go outside during the summer is right in the middle of our circle time. We will do water days during the summer too, where we play in the sprinkler and slip n' slide. The kids bring swimsuits to keep at the daycare all summer as well as sunscreen. These are their FAVORITE days of the year!