View Single Post
cheerfuldom 10:05 AM 05-25-2012
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Because you don't have the immediate term clause in your contract, I'd still stick it out for the next three days, but honestly, I'd flat out ask dcm if she has even talked or seen a dr. about dcb's problem. If she hasn't, and it looks like dcb is suffering, then I'd put in a call to CPS, just to let them know the situation. That way it is on file in case someone else calls about dcb in the future. I understand that it is a serious thing to call them, but if you suspect negligence then I'd at least talk to CPS and get their take on it.
I agree! Since he is on the way out anyway, I would ask mom in a clear way, where she can't avoid the question.

"Pam, has Aiden ever been taken to the doctor to specifically address his BM issues?"

If she hums and haws, you know its no but I would still say

"So is that a no?"

and then

"I have a real concern with what I have seen here with him in my care. In my experience, what I am seeing is incredibly worrisome and not normal at all. He needs to be taken to a doctor immediately"

and OP, there is no way that he is not having major blowouts at home. Thats ridiculous and just the mom throwing out words at you to shut you up. Its much easier to say "oh hes fine at home" than to actually address the problem.

AFter he leaves, yes, I would call CPS and let them decide what to do next. I never call CPS either but in this case, he is obviously very ill and no one is addressing the issue and that IS neglect.